Conservation and natural area regulations and guidelines help protect important floodplains, wetlands, water sources, recharge areas and fragile habitats, and provide visitors with unique opportunities to safely experience our natural heritage first hand and learn about the benefits of a healthy watershed.
In order to protect these sensitive habitats and make them an enjoyable place for everyone, please observe the following guidelines.
- Do not deface, remove or damage any structure.
- Do not disturb, destroy or pick any plant or animal life.
- Place all garbage and recyclables in the containers provided.
- Keep pets on a leash at all times, and stoop and scoop after them.
- Observe posted speed limits and use the signed parking areas.
- Use only the designated fire pit area (available in Ken Reid Conservation Area).
- Use the trails for their designated purpose.
- Report any occurrences or vandalism to Kawartha Conservation
- Bring your own drinking water.
- If picnic tables are moved please return them to their original position.
- Please lock group camp gate (in Ken Reid Conservation Area) once you have entered the area, and when you leave. Please return keys.
Also, please note that:
- Firearms and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Overnight camping (in Ken Reid Conservation Area) is limited solely to organized groups who have made the proper arrangements.
- Kawartha Conservation reserves the right to bar entrance or eject any person or persons whom it deems to be detrimental to the areas.
- Hours of operation for the areas are 7:00 am to 9:00 pm (May-October) and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (November-April)
Please contact the Administrative Centre if you have questions or concerns prior to your visit.
We hope that you will enjoy your visit!