EVENTS    |    ABOUT US    |    CONTACT    |    LIBRARY      Find Us On Facebook social twitter Instagram icon youtube Kawartha Conservation On LinkedIn 

If your activity requires a permit, you will need to complete an application form and send it with the corresponding fee to our office. Please ensure your application is complete in order to save time. We cannot process applications until all of the required information and fee has been received.

Permit Application Guide *Coming soon

Our Permit Application Guide provides a step by step, comprehensive overview to help guide you through the permit application process. We highly recommend you download and follow this Guide to ensure your submitted application is complete and you have provided all required information.

Sturgeon Lake One-Window Permitting Program Has Ended

The Sturgeon Lake One-Window Permitting Program has ended. If you require a permit from Parks Canada/Trent-Severn Waterway for work in and around the water you must submit an application to their office. Kawartha Conservation will no longer be sending applications to Parks Canada/Trent-Severn Waterway.

Streamlined Approvals for Minor Works

Certain minor activities are eligible for the streamlined review and approval process, which means fewer submission requirements and a turnaround time of 15 days from the date of submitting a completed application. The activities still require a permit in accordance with the Regulation, but have been identified as "low impact" when undertaken using standard best management practices and mitigation measures.

Listed below are activities that are subject to the streamlined permitting for minor works:

• Construction of non-habitable accessory buildings or structures that are less than 10 square metres in size, and located outside of any wetland
• Installation of swimming pools located outside of any wetland and/or flooding hazard
• Construction of unenclosed decks, patios, and single residential docks
• Roadside ditch maintenance
• Routine maintenance and/or repair of private infrastructure (i.e., roads, gas, and electrical transmission pipelines/corridors)
• Culvert replacements of the same length and diameter
• Fill placement, excavation, and/or grade modifications with volume not exceeding 20 cubic metres
• Maintenance of existing dug-out or isolated ponds that would not result in an enlargement of the pond in area or volume beyond what was previously constructed
• Demolition of existing buildings or structures
• Replacement of existing septic systems outside of any wetlands and floodplain

For a streamlined approval, you are required to submit a completed streamlined permit application form and pay the applicable fee.

Picking up your permit

Our staff will call the owner or applicant at the phone number listed on the application once a permit is available to be picked up at our Administrative Centre in Lindsay (unless prior arrangements have been made). The owner or applicant listed on the permit application must come in and sign the permit. The owner or applicant will be provided with two copies of the permit, one for their own records, and one that can be taken and submitted to the applicable Municipality’s Building Department if a Building Permit is required.

Streamlined permits for minor works are sent out via email in order to expedite the process.


Kawartha Conservation
277 Kenrei Road
Lindsay, ON
K9V 4R1
705.328.2271 ext. 210 

Meet our Permitting Staff

Meet with our staff to discuss the requirements for completing a permit application for your project.

Click here to book a pre-consultation meeting.

Property Information Requests

Submit an information request to find out about environmental features, natural hazards, building envelopes, permit requirements, outstanding permits, and violations on a specific property.

Click here to download an Information Request Form.