The Community Advisory Panel and Kawartha Conservation are holding a half-day Stewardship Summit to gather community input on lake management plan implementation.
The Summit is intended to engage area full-time and seasonal residents and solicit input on lake management plan implementation projects and priorities.
The Summit will be held on Saturday, July 15 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Cambray Community Centre, 2255 Elm Tree Rd., Cambray. It is open to anyone who would like to contribute ideas and be part of a discussion on lake management plan implementation.
To complete our Lake Management Plan Implementation Online Survey Click Here: SURVEY
PRIVATE LAND STEWARDSHIP
Private land stewardship is simply voluntary conservation. It’s about making land management decisions in your own back yard which promote a healthy natural environment. Some of the actions and their benefits include the following:
- Rehabilitate and restore vegetation along river courses and lake shores in order to help prevent flooding, reduce shoreline erosion, filter sediment from surface water runoff, provide wildlife habitat, and improve water quality.
- Prevent or reduce the impacts of drought and improve soil supporting healthy farms and agriculturally related industries.
- Protect and restore important wetlands and forests that will in turn prevent flooding and erosion, store excess water during intense rainfalls, help recharge aquifers, and capture carbon emissions.
- Protect urban and rural green spaces for residents to enjoy and to help filter and cool our air.
- Maintain important green corridors and natural habitats for birds, fish, and animals.
- Prevent invasive species from impacting native plants, animals, birds, fish, plant communities, and other wildlife.
- Encourage healthy populations of native plants and animals by providing suitable habitat.